A warm welcome from Martin Murray
Coming to see a new dentist for the first time can be a bit daunting. People worry that the dentist will tell them off or try to ‘sell’ them a lot of unnecessary work. It’s something I am very aware of and strive to give everyone a warm welcome. There will be no lectures, just honest friendly advice and encouragement for you to decide how you want your dentistry to be provided.
During my 20 years in practice, I think I’ve learned what patients want from their dentist-
- Meticulous hygiene. I am proud of the fact that there hasn’t been a single case of MRSA transmission recorded in any of the clinics that I’ve worked at, in 20 years of practice.
- To be treated with dignity and respect. Thankfully gone are the days when ‘Doctor knows best’. We encourage all our patients to be active participants in their treatment decisions and always respect their treatment choices.
- Technical ability. With modern dentistry changing so fast, it was essential for me to keep improving and to that end I have invested heavily in gaining further qualifications from Bristol University and the Royal College of Surgeons.
- Happy professionals. I am privileged to work with two talented teams that enjoy their work and actively contribute to our ‘building dental happiness’ philosophy.
- Be approachable. As an ethical dentist, I am committed to the General Dental Council’s ‘putting patients first’ philosophy. Feedback is always welcomed and I am committed to an open door policy should you ever need to contact me face to face or over the phone.
We aim to build lasting relationships and to that end all our patients are welcome to call us by our first names. We will, of course, always use your preferred form of address.
We would be delighted to help with any enquiries you may have. Please either contact your nearest practice or use the web contact form on the homepage.
- Over 1500 patients to provide their dental care at Westleigh Dental Practice in Fareham and Tadley Dental Care in North Hampshire. Check out our testimonial letters.
- Hampshire PCT to advise and appraise other dentists
- North Hampshire Hospital to provide dental care for their patients
- Denplan, the UK’s largest dental care plan provider to operate their care plans with ‘key client’ status
- Straumann, Europe’s largest dental implant manufacturer, to install and maintain their implant range
MSc in Dental Implantology- University of Bristol 2012
BA - University of Dublin 1991 (Non Dental Degree)
B Dent Sc (Hons) - University of Dublin 1991
Diploma in Postgraduate Dental Studies (DPDS) - University of Bristol 2004
Certificate in Appraisal of Dental Practices - Royal College of Surgeons (FGDP) 2007
General Dental Council : 66921
Care Quality Commission :
High Spy Ltd
Please click for our complaints procedure